11/09/2008 11:41:00 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

It has been a while since I have updated what has been happening in my life. Things have been a little stressful, but pretty uneventful. I have been feeling very emotional lately and that has been affecting my relationships with people around me, including people here on this blog.

Musaafir, I am sorry if I sounded rude and unappreciative of your comments. In all honesty I have been feeling very defensive about my support of Obama and I have also been feeling very conflicted about my role as an 'American.' I have been listening to my very cynical husband for 3 years telling me that this country is going to descend into chaos and that we will have to flee, and he was especially stressing that this would be more possible if McCain was elected. Now, I don't exactly agree with him about all of this, I mean, it is always a possibility, but no one knows except Allah. But we must always be prepared for the worst and I have spent a lot of my time worried about my children's future and what it would be like to grow up here, especially with the growing hatred towards Muslims. My expression of my excitement about the election of Obama is mostly the feeling that 52% of this country looked past a name and a face and elected some one who is a very unconventional candidate for President. Someone who almost one in four Texans believe is a Muslim. One must admit that in itself is amazing. And whatever his policies, he is better than McCain. Anyways, maybe that still doesn't justify it to you or anybody else, but the truth is, that is just how I feel. Man, I can't tell if what I am writing sounds rude or not, but please believe me, that is not my intention, and if so, please forgive me if I offend you.

Dear Umm Travis,
JazakumAllah for reading my blog. I am sooo sorry that I haven't been writing lately, I guess I have been internalizing a lot of things and I am having a hard time getting them on to paper (or screen LOL). But I am hoping that things will get easier for me insha'Allah, so please bear with me while I figure this out.

JazakumAllah Khayran

8 comments:

بنت بيتر said...

assalamu alaykum :)

no apologies sis :) just want to let you know, please, if i can be a friend, let me know. you can add me to your chat or send an email, in shaa allah, cuz sometimes life is hard, and we need a friend ;)

love u in Allah sister.

Tammy said...

Assalamu alaikum sis

I really loe your blog. I am a revet as well. I have been Muslim for 15 years. I am also married to aman from Somalia. We have 5 children. I would like to be your friend as well. Please visit my blog or emil me.

Amina

Anonymous said...

I'm very disturbed by a lot of things my husband says about America and Americans, I'm still working on teaching him how to separate the two. But it offends me when I'm at a delicate stage in reassessing who I am as an American, as a Muslim, and as an American Muslim.

I really don't think that there is ever going to be a circumstance in which Muslims must flee the US. At least not one that is likely to occur anytime soon. And while where you guys are living now may be closed off and clannish towards Muslims, the TC in general is actually quite a comfy place for us in comparison to other places I've lived.

I hope you guys leave the backwoods soon.

I miss you and little A and Z. I hope you're doing well. I was just thinking of you guys recently. Kisses to the girls and to you.

Anonymous said...

Uhm, me, Molly.

Aayesha said...

Molly!!!!!
You know, I have been thinking about you too lately! How are you? When are you coming home? I miss you! The girls are doing great. Thank you for your understanding and reassurance. I hope all is well with you!

Aayesha said...

Amina! Thank you so much for reading my blog! I checked out yours and I think that your food looks delicious! I have dabbled in a few Somali recipies, but they never seem to turn out right, so I am going to try yours insha'Allah. I am also looking forward to your new blog!

Aayesha said...

Umm Travis, Thank you sooo much for your support, it means so much. I love you for Allah too sis!
JazakumAllah Khayran.

Unknown said...

Wa alaykum as salam wa rahmatullah. I am sorry to hear that you are going thru a stressful time, and I ask Allah to bring ease to you.

Like I said in my previous comment, you did not sound rude or I was not offended by anything you said. I guess I was a bit rude, and/or sounded offensive. If I did, I am really sorry.

All I wanted to do is raise some questions in your mind. I may have side tracked in asking if you have thought about how much it conforms to our aqeedah.

I just want to stress 2 questions from the last comment
1) Did he not try hard to prove that he was not Muslim? So wouldn’t he have to continue to try hard to prove that he is not one of ‘them’?
2) Did you notice who he picked as his chief of staff? Please look up some biographical info on him.

With that I want to invite you to find out its conformity with Islamic Aqeedah. May Allah keep us on the correct path and grant us jannah. Ameen. wa as salamu alaykum.